Plantar fasciitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of the plantar fascia, which is a thick band of tissue located in our heels. This condition causes the stabbing pain in your heels every morning. It is very common in people who stands for a long period, or for people who wears shoes of inadequate support and worn down shoes.
Overweight people are also at risk of this condition. Plantar Fasciitis can be avoided if you wear a good pair of shoes that gives proper support and comfort to your feet.
However, there are many types of shoes for different occasions. So this article’s goal is to help you choose and learn which shoes suited for a certain occasion to avoid pain. You will be given an option of proper shoes for every situation and every occasion; from running shoes, to casual shoes for men and women.
We have collected a list of shoes ideal for Plantar Fasciitis condition. So, each pair of shoes are based on the survey and reviews of Plantar Fasciitis sufferers that recommended these shoes that gives them relief. Some of the shoes here are proven effective to give relief from Plantar Fasciitis because it is created by experts of Plantar Fasciitis or by podiatrist.
1.The Best shoes for plantar fasciitis – Asics Gel Kayano 21 (Men, Women)
The gel kayano 21 is a well known brand of shoes that designed for men and women with bad feet issues or pascia fasciitis. This is very comfortable to wear and guaranteed of best quality.
- This new model of Kayano brand is the lightest and based on the reviews, the kayano 21 is much better than the last model. It is now lighter but still with soft cushioning of the old model. With these combined features, it guarantees comfort to the user.
- The soft cushion is made of gel which makes it lighter than the other model. Every step you take is like walking on a soft surface with this shoe. It effectively supports a person’s weight even if with bad feet.
- According to the reviews, the Kayano 21 shoes provide support and stability, so you can walk comfortably and with a sure step with this shoe.
- It provides a “stretch fit” feature, so it will give a snuggly fit to your foot. Meaning, no worries of your foot slipping out of the shoe because it will hold your foot perfectly that it moves with you even when running.
- The kayano 21 allows air to pass through the shoe material so it can provide a breathable feeling. Your foot will not feel trapped and hot, best feature to avoid foot odor. Plus, the gel cushioning distributes the pressure evenly so every part of your feet will be supported completely.
- This shoe is purposefully designed for people with bad feet or pascia fasciitis. The reviews prove that kayana 21 effectively supports the upper foot, making it more comfortable to wear. This is the upgraded model, so expect it to be better than the older model. With this shoe, you will never again suffer heel pain for it also supports the torsional arches and the lightweight material makes it easier for you to move lightly and with ease.
2.The Best shoes for plantar fasciitis – Mizuno Wave Prophecy 3 (Men, Women)
This is a type of running shoes comes in different colors. The wave cushion is designed to equally distribute the impact on the pressure points of your foot caused by your foot heavy drop while running. It prevents heel pain and avoid keep your feet comfortable even in intense weight and pressure.
- The shoe lace is anatomical which means, it doesn’t need to be tied up. The upper part of it, The shoe fits perfectly as if it is your second skin and moves with your foot without discomfort or causing the tightness around the upper foot.
- The mizumo prophecy 3 shoes are very durable, efficient and it gives a comfortable and fun ride. It provides great stability and support, so guaranteed you will be safe from back and ankle knee pain. The wave plate technology provides and a smooth ride and assures a long lasting midsole and outsole since it is made of a hard and durable layer of plastic under the rubber heel sole.
- According to the review of a heavy weight runner, this shoe is very effective in relieving his pain shins and lower back caused by running. And these shoes last longer for a heavy user than any other brand of shoes. It is as if, it is perfectly designed for people above 220 pounds.
3.The Best shoes for plantar fasciitis – Nike Zoom Pegasus (Mens/Womens)
Who couldn’t have known about the Nike shoes? The Nike zoom pegasus is their new released version. Designs are available for and women. These shoes are capable for a heavy duty wear such as racing because of its padded feature and support and best for everyday wear.
PROS according to the customer’s reviews;
Variety of color combinations that you can choose.
- It has proven y the reviews that this brand of shoes provides a sock like as if it is your second skin. Very light and the laces are secured and the shoes moves with every motion of your feet.
- It has the Nike zoom cushioning with a breathable feature and lightweight material. Guaranteed to provide your feet with comfort and free from pain. The full support padding contributes to every build up of your momentum without worries of harming your bones and tendons, because the design aim to absorb every impact.
- From a pillow like cushion, it is upgraded to a more effective cushion that provides support and comfort while letting you to feel the road as you run.
- The Pegasus is famous for the durability of its product and now, the Nike just made further upgrades of the shoe to make more comfortable and still maintains the great stability even to people with bad feet.
- The combination of the cushioning and the support provides more comfort and stability of the shoes which makes it very suitable for longer runs.
4.The Best shoes for plantar fasciitis – New Balance 940V2 Running Shoe (Men, Women)
The New balance shoes have a low segmented cushioning for the purpose of providing effective support and stability which makes it good for people with moderate to severe pronation in the foot.
- The layers of cushions include the full length low profile sole cushion, the full foot shock absorber that absorbs impact and moves the pressure away from the stress joint. On the top part is the ortholite with foam cushion which provides comfort and still maintain a breathable ventilation for the foot.
- The midsole shank is designed for pronation support. So it effectively offers complete stability with every motion of your foot. It moves with you as one.
- This brand of shoes offers durability that guaranteed to last long and not easily wears down after miles of miles of running.
- It has been reviewed that this shoe is also best for working out and playing for it is very comfortable in every type of activity and provides great support to planter fasciitis.
The Best shoes for plantar fasciitis For Men
1.ASICS Men’s GEL-Kayano 20 Running Shoe
Basing of the majority of the reviews on amazon, this brand is highly recommended as the best running shoe for people with plantar fasciitis. This shoe will take you for a long distance run because the clutching system and the 1.75 inches height of the heel provides support and effective absorption of impact.
2.New Balance Men’s 990V3
It is made in USA and considered as the upgraded version of the classic 990 series of new balance shoes. With all the positive reviews, this shoe is now creating a reputation of being the best new balance shoes for plantar fasciitis. The lightweight but durable shoes offer complete support and stability in every foot movement. Plus, equipped with sports reflective strips that is visible during dark nights. So, it is safe for you to jog at night.
3 .Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 14 Running Shoe
The brook GTS running shoe is ideal for high mileage of training, since it provides effective support of your arches. This shoe gives a perfect foot form and effectively can prevent plantar fasciitis. The durability of this shoe is proven it is also considered as an ideal shoe for flat feet sufferers.
4.ASICS Men’s Kinsei 4 Running Shoes
This is considered as the signature product of Asics. The expensive price worth the quality and performance that this shoe could offer. It is equipped with heel fit technology that is capable to adjust with your heel automatically. It offers maximum support and the stretching feature gives a perfect fit that you will not worry about slipping your foot out while running. The price is worth the quality of this shoe and it is an excellent running shoes for people with plantar fasciitis.
5. Asics GEL Nimbus 15
Asics is definitely the best shoes for athletes. While the gel nimbus 15 is their new introduced line among the best. This new model is improved with a new fluid ride midsole and increased gel cushioning for more support and comfort. The shoes still maintain the stability and the perfect fit features. So far, its purely durable and maintains the best quality as the name Asics is famous for.
It is the solution for high arches and bad feet, it has a and comfortable cushioning, made of sturdy materials and effective in preventing knee and back pain.
6.Asics GT2000 2
The Asics GT2000 2 is the new generation of Asics 2170 and is among of the popular brand of shoes for runner with plantar fasciitis.It is improved to a lighter feature and with added with an impact guidance system that will give enhancement for your posture. With the quality and the performance of this shoe, this can be on the top list among the others.
Pros: offers perfect as it moves with your foot, great stability and support
7.New Balance 990v3
This is a classic brand and now making a comeback, but with more improved features to compete with the best. Still maintaining its classic looks, this shoe is now with a standard EVA foam to promote more protection for your feet. This New balance is ideal for all types of foot even with bad feet. It is made from USA and highly recommended for its quality and long lasting performance. It is definitely one of the best sneakers for plantar fasciitis sufferers.
Pros: Available in varieties of sizes that you can choose, suitable for heavy weight athletes or runners and it is very comfortable to wear.
8.Saucony Kinvara 4
With the aim to continue the kinvara 3, comes Saucony Kinvara 4, a more upgraded sneaker that is now boasting for its new added benefits. It is lightweight and has a lower heel-to-toe drop and wider toe box feature. Though the last model is best for its followers, this new model guarantees a higher quality performance than before. This is capable of taking you miles and miles of running without hurting your foot.
Pros: made of lightweight materials so it can move with your feet easily, provide a perfect fit and support, ideal for marathon or for workouts.
1.ASICS Women’s GEL-Kayano 20 Running Shoe
One of the best running shoes for women is the GEL-Kayano 20 from ASICS. This running shoes is also the most popular nowadays because of its 1500 good review on Amazon and rising. The GEL-Kayano running shoes has the weight of 9.5 oz making it a bit heavier side compared to other running shoe. The reason why it has a bit heavier side is, there are plenty of cushioning packed in this running shoe giving the user more comfortable, gentle and stable run or walk on different surface types. This running shoe also comes with totes; it is a fibroid cushioned midsole so that the user’s arch will keep healthy and happy. For people who don’t like running shoe with bright color, then GEL-Kayano 20 suits you well.
2.New Balance Women’s 711 Mesh Cross-Training Shoe
Known as the best female running shoe of the New Balance shoes is the 711 Mesh Cross-training shoe. This running shoe is also one of the best running shoes in the market of all time. The 711 Mesh Cross-training is really useful when you accidentally run on a concrete or hard dirt, because this is a lightweight minimalist shoe that has a SBS visual tech heel crash pad.
3.ASICS Women’s GEL-Exalt Running Shoe
Another the best running shoes for women, made by ASICS is the GEL-Exalt. This running shoe is really perfect for helping with PF. Aside from that, this running shoe has a very affordable price of only $60. This running shoe comes with a 1 inch high heel and its rearfoot has a GEL-cushioning system, making it soft when the user will blow its heel as he/she run. Even if it is very affordable, the good thing in this running shoe is made of an exceedingly lightweight synthetic mesh. If you want a light shoe which makes feel more comfortable and easy to run, this running shoe, suits you well because the weight is only 207 grams.
4.Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 14 Running Shoe
The most perfect for plantar fasciitis sufferers is the Adrenaline GTS 14 Running shoes for female made by Brook. This running shoe comes with a solid arch support making it more perfect. The Adrenaline GTS 14 is the Editor’s Choice of Runner’s World Magazine last year, making it more popular. This running shoe is good for runners with foot problems because the support and the cushioning work together very well. Like the other running shoes, Adrenaline GTS 14 is a lightweight shoe making it more comfortable for the users. It is a bit expensive, but I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed with their function or its design.
5.Women’s walking shoe by Orthaheel
One of the best running shoes for women is the Orthaheel Walker because it lets the users to realign their stride. This running shoe comes with water resistant leather upper case making it more comfortable and easy to use. Compared to other running shoes, the design of Orthaheel Walker is podiatrist approved and contains a bio mechanical removable orthotic with an anti-bacterial treatment. The mesh of the running shoes is lined perfectly and the orthaheel motion controlling bed contains a contoured arch support and help cup that allows the alignment of the feet and ankle. For women with plantar fasciitis, this running shoe is best for you. Aside from that, the good thing in this running shoe provides strength to your foot and lets you walk without suffering pain. And lastly, Orthaheel Walker is perfectly fit for people with flat feet.
- EVA mid sole
- Rubber traction outsole
- APMA seal of acceptance
6.Saucony Women’s Collection Cohesion 7 Running shoes
If you want an ultimate sporty and fashionable running shoes, then the Cohesion 7 suits you very well. The running shoes are made for optimal arch support, cushioning system called GRID making it more comfortable for the users. Cohesion 7 is not that heavy that’s why many women prefer using this running shoe because it is easy to use compared to others. This running shoe is also synthetic like the other running shoe and also contains the decoupled heel.
7.Weil Rhythm Women’s Lace Up walking
It is a running shoe that gives stability and style for the users. Weil Rhythm contains a removable othotic foot bed and upper mesh which makes your walking session more comfortable and satisfying. This running shoe is easy to use since it is a lightweight sneaker and it has flexible EVA mid sole that is made to absorb and shock. Aside from that, it also decreases the pressure on the feet and ankle. This is also good because it supports and realign your feet because of its podiatrist design and bio chemical othotic foot bed that comes with deep heel cup which your running shoe contains. The Weil Rhythm is very perfect for people who suffers knee pain and flat foot. It is said to be the best solution for orthotic or arch support users and it is very useful for hard floors.
Professionals recommend this running shoe for women with Plantar Fasciitis. Another good thing in this running shoe is its very helpful on getting over of stiffness and soreness.
8.Brooks Women’s Ravenna 4 Running Shoes
Ravenna 4 is the perfect running shoe for women with plantar fasciitis. This running shoe is made by Brook, which offers impressive cushioning and great stability that builds mild overpronation making it more ideal for people that has below average arch height. The running shoe contains an exceptional arch support that allows the user to put on more miles as they run. This running comes with three different dynamite colors which allows you to choose what you want and it is even better compared to the old Ravenna 3 version.
9.Saucony Women’s Hurricane 15 Running Shoe
Like the other running shoe, Hurricane 15 which is made by Saucony is also good for women who suffers plantar fasciitis because it contains all the elements that every person should need to cut down the pain. The running shoe has a sock-fit system which locks the heel in place in the rear firmly or most commonly known as heel-locking technology. Your mid-foot is perfectly fit over the midsole and then the front end provides the extra space and flexibility that you really need. Everyone can wear this shoe.
Remember these tips always:
- Don’t wear high heels.When it comes to PF, high heel is very awful and unpleasant because it causes pain everytime you walk. It is exceptional when it is made with plantar fasciitis or other foot maladies in mind, it should be avoided.
- Avoid standing for a long period of time. One cause of tolling on your feet and also leads to PF is standing whole day. It will be worse when it happens everyday. A proper pair of sneaker for plantar fasciitis is good at decreasing the odds from strain.
- Check the shoe if it is comfortable to use.Do not buy the shoe if it can be bent into half lace side up, it’s not good.
- Forget about your old shoe. I understand that your old shoe has a value to you, but keeping an eye of it will prevent you from having a new one. How can you have a better running shoe if you still love the old one? Throw them away or hide it somewhere which you cannot find it easily.
- Flat shoes are not good. Many women prefer flat shoe nowadays. Flat shoe is not good for your feet since it doesn’t have any arch support or anything.
So that’s it! We hope that this list helps you to figure out what is the best shoe that really fits for you and a shoe that is ideal your plantar fascitiis and other foot disorder. These lists are based on the reviews of satisfied customers that has proven the products effectiveness and performance. So take your pick now.